- To provide an educational forum for independent crop advisors in QLD.
- To promote ICM, IPM and sustainable agricultural practices.
- To facilitate communication between association members, agricultural industry, various government departments in agriculture and other sources of agricultural technology.
- To promote the ideal of independence in agriculture.
- To support the profession of qualified agronomists and consultants by setting standards of qualifications and codes of ethics.
The incorporated association started in 2001.